A History

The building that houses Iannarelli's Italian Restaurant has been around through many great changes in history. The "Little Red House" was first built in 1845, just three years after Abraham Lincoln married Mary Todd, three years before the California Gold Rush, and 16 years before the Civil War. The original part of the building, which is the center portion today, was hand hewn post and beam. The windows were put together with wooden pegs and the floor is original to the house, although it did have to be taken up, replaned, and put back down. Rooms were added to the north, south, and east sides. A livery barn was located behind the house in the small building, which is still there today, this was the tack room and office for the livery stable. This building used to be a Pony Express tack house.
by Marge Malone
 
outside
Iannarelli's Italian Restaurant
405 Third Street, Howe, IN 46746
260-562-2500
 
Facebook Google Places Yahoo Urbanspoon Yelp Yellow Pages Yellowbook Lasata Kingsbury House Trading Post Village View Ark Animal Rescue